LOOSE CHANGE SECOND EDITION - SEE IT THEN DECIDE!!!!!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Rice Says Being Anti-war is Being Pro-Slavery - Now theres No Doubt She's Crazy


By BET.com News Staff & Wire Services

Posted Sept. 6, 2006 – If you’re against the war in Iraq, you might as well consider yourself pro-slavery, according to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

In a recent interview with Essence magazine, Rice said that Blacks folks might have been enslaved much longer than they were if the North decided to end the American Civil War earlier than it did.

"I'm sure there are people who thought it was a mistake to fight the Civil War to its end and to insist that the emancipation of slaves would hold," she told the magazine.

"I know there were people who said, 'Why don't we get out of this now, make peace with the South, but leave the South with slaves?'"

A fuming Rice went on to say that she wasn’t too pleased about how people attacked President Bush’s administration in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, saying that his slow response was because the majority of the victims were Black.

"I resented the notion that the president of the United States, this President of the United States, would somehow decide to let people suffer because they were Black," she told Essence.

"I found that to be the most corrosive and outrageous claim that anybody could have made, and it was wholly and totally irresponsible,” Rice said, adding that the government did it’s best.

"People aren't perfect, and this response was not perfect. You know, I do foreign policy, I don't run Homeland Security. I don't run FEMA. I do foreign policy," Rice said. "I did what I could to coordinate the international response."

No comments:

DISCLAIMER

The posting of stories, commentaries, reports, documents and links (embedded or otherwise) on this site does not in any way, shape or form, implied or otherwise, necessarily express or suggest endorsement or support of any of such posted material or parts therein.

The myriad of facts, conjecture, perspectives, viewpoints, opinions, analyses, and information in the articles, stories and commentaries posted on this site range from cutting edge hard news and comment to extreme perspectives. I choose not to sweep uncomfortable material under the rug - where it can grow and fester. I choose not to censor uncomfortable logic. These things reflect the world as it now is - for better and worse. I present multiple facts, perspectives, viewpoints, opinions, analyses, and information.

Journalism should be the profession of gathering and presenting a broad panorama of news about the events of our times and presenting it to readers for their own consideration. I believe in the intelligence, judgment and wisdom of my readers to discern for themselves among the data which appears on this site that which is valid and worthy...or otherwise